Wow. There is no way I could ever have predicted how 2008 would unfold. I titled this blog "Quantum Leap Year" because my intention was to design a learning curriculum that would help me dive deeper in to the mechanics of collective transformation and help me crystallize what my service to the whole would be as we head ever closer to 2012.
I was catapulted in this new direction by a month of mind-bending mystical experiences in September 2007 which gave me the courage to "leap." But as my normal life returned, I was left with the challenge of how live up to the conviction I felt in those moments of pure clarity.
I decided to write down a set of guiding questions as a way to fan the fading embers of my creativity. As articulated in a letter I wrote to Jean Houston's Mystery School requesting a scholarship, here are some of the questions I laid out for my 2008 quest:
1. If a quantum shift in human consciousness is inevitable (as I believe), then what are the skills we need as a species to navigate this Great Turning? Can experiences of non-consensus (non-ordinary) states of consciousness—an experience of suspended belief—be a helpful and even necessary tool for navigating unbelievable circumstances (extreme weather, economic crisis, resource depletion, water shortages, intense migration, etc.)?
2. Living in community feels like the only way we’ll be able to manage in the years to come. Given that belief, how do we become more open, honest, and transparent with others? How do we trust, deal with our vulnerabilities (rejection, fear, shame, etc.) so we can live, love, and work together effectively in community?
3. What role does imagination play in our collective/planetary transformation? I believe the muscle of imagination and visioning has atrophied in modern culture. How can we facilitate a massive reenlistment of imagination?
4. Given what I know, and what I have yet to learn, what is my unique contribution in the coming years?
The good news, I was awarded a partial scholarship (all they offer) and will participate in the 10 day program this August in Ashland, Oregon! A good sign indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment