Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sedona Bound

It was early in January when Sedona began to whisper my name. I don't recall exactly how it happened, but I do remember feeling, on some level, that I was already journeying to the land of the Red Rocks. Then, the whisper turned into synchronicities and sweet connections, and before I knew it, I was on a moving stairway headed to Sedona--for real.

From the moment I arrived in Phoenix I was overcome by a deep sense of gratitude. The energy here, unlike the Pacific NW, feels more feminine and receptive. It's something about the airy trees and the light; space between space between space.

By the time I arrived at my destination in Page Springs, the sun had dipped behind the jagged cliffs that lay beyond the flat lands. I have yet to behold the Red Rocks and Sedona proper, that comes tomorrow, but I already feel I have "arrived."

My lodging for the next two weeks, the INNstitute at Sedona is a blessing I can barely comprehend. The home is perched on a bluff overlooking a forest of trees I do not know yet, and gentle rolling hills that suggest the shape of a feminine deity. It feels expansive and emergent here, as if inviting one to bend and sway and trust.

And a more auspicious start to my journey could not have been planned. I spent a few hours catching up with an old friend Robin Weeks, learning about his journey into "contemplative science" and grokking evolution from the inside out.

The inside out... exactly how I hope to connect with all Sedona has to offer.

No comments: